Keys to success with The Raiser’s Edge donor database
Getting the most out of your membership is a major opportunity. With the Membership module, can track when people join, renew, or upgrade their membership. You are also able to track whether memberships are active, lapsed, or dropped.
The Raiser’s Edge allows you to show the dollar amount received for membership, and also the cost of delivering benefits, i.e. those membership benefits derived by donors. This is important to do correctly for financial and tax reporting.
You may have questions or needs, such as:
In which regions are we growing?
How have donors responded to appeals this year?
Which donors have given beyond the Annual Fund, to other funds and campaigns?
RightTrack Solutions help you with consulting, training and outsource services.
Understanding the best ways to support your processes and goals
- Addressing immediate needs in your fiscal year, such as upcoming chapter events.
- Discussing how you operate today, and what changes you need to make, i.e. processes. You may need to make them consistent across your association or at least region by region.
- Selecting the right database solution based on your situation, needs and goals.
- Migrating databases, whether from Access, Excel or a donor database.
- Consulting on how a new system will interoperate with existing databases.
- Knowing when and how to use optional modules, such as the Membership module.
- Deciding on how the organization will set up tables and use features consistently.
- Writing or updating policies and procedures (included in RightTrack Solutions training program).
- Training, consulting and assistance – both initial and ongoing.
Setting up the constituent database and system tables
- Coding constituents – As discussed above: Board, Staff, Members, Volunteers, Friends – individual and organizational.
- Segmenting constituents, based on levels of giving, or other factors that you determine.
Getting the most of of your development programs at your agency and in the community
- Stewarding constituents – over the long term.
- Cultivating constituents, especially keeping in touch with those who donated.
- Setting up campaigns, funds and appeals.
- Leading Capital Campaigns, such as new central or regional offices.
- Growing the Annual Fund to sustain operations.
- Establishing or growing a major gifts program.
- Sending out packages to constituents – for appeals, such as a membership renewal and upgrade appeal.
- Managing events. If you host many events, you may choose to use the Event module.
- Setting up a Recurring Gift Program, so that Staff can give monthly.
- Recognition, such as different levels of donors, or dedication of equipment.
- Supporting Matching Gifts.
- Entering and acknowledging pledges and gifts in a timely manner.
- Supporting naming opportunities, such as a new diagnostic center.
- Offering online giving, through any of various secure web portals.
- Managing gifts of property, such as stocks or real estate.
- Acknowledging donor gifts through recognition.
- Accepting Gifts in Kind.
- Encouraging Planned Giving, such as Life Insurance or Bequests.
- Monitoring progress through dashboards – check status at a glance.
- Exporting data for analysis and sharing – to finance and other departments.
- Reporting such as giving by constituent segment, or for the Annual Report.
- Integrating with The Financial Edge.
- Integrating with other systems and databases.
Contact: Laura Clary email@example.com 401-632-2148.