Keys to success with The Raiser’s Edge donor database
Delivering results in development for Children’s
Focus on pediatric care is the secret to success for Children’s Medical Centers. This same focus is what makes you successful in development.
When a child walks, rolls, is carried or is born into your Children’s Medical Center, the center strives to offer the best possible pediatric care. With state-of-the-art technologies, facilities and an ecosystem of healthcare providers: The children’s emergency center, cancer center, heart surgical units, pediatric intensive care, clinics, specialists, doctor’s offices.
Understanding the best ways to support your processes and goals
To be effective at development at Children’s, you need to set up, or clean up, the proper Constituent Codes to identify: the Board, staff, physicians, other employees, organizational and friend relationships, plus the Foundation, committees, volunteers, legal, banks, media, corporations, and solicitors.
This helps you in annual giving, campaigns and appeals, plus in tracking gifts back to constituents and appeals. And, to be effective in the overall stewardship of prospects, donors and their associates, incluing creating accurate reports and exports.
How are we doing on new giving over the past five years?
Exactly how does that Family or Foundation wish to be listed in the Annual Report?
- Addressing immediate needs in your fiscal year, such as upcoming events.
- Discussing how you operate today, and what changes you need to make, i.e. processes.
- Selecting the right database solution based on your situation, needs and goals.
- Migrating databases, whether from Access or another database system.
- Knowing when and how to use optional modules, such as the Prospect module.
- Deciding on how the organization will set up tables and use features consistently.
- Consulting on how a new system will interoperate with existing databases.
- Writing or updating policies and procedures (included in RightTrack Solutions training program).
- Training, consulting and assistance – both initial and ongoing.
Setting up the constituent database and system tables
- Coding constituents – Board, Staff, Doctors, Specialists, Parents, Alumni if affiliated with a university, Friends – individual and organizational.
- Segmenting constituents, based on levels of giving, or other factors that you determine.
Getting the most of of your development programs at the center
- Stewarding constituents – over the long term. Children may need to visit your center many times for treatment, so keeping in touch with family can be very meaningful.
- Cultivating constituents, especially keeping in touch with patients who donated.
- Setting up campaigns, funds and appeals. Every gift should track back to an appeal.
- Leading Capital Campaigns, such as building a new cancer or heart center.
- Growing the Annual Fund to sustain operations.
- Establishing or growing a major gifts program.
- Sending out packages to constituents – for appeals, such as an end-of-year appeal.
- Managing events. Parades, radiothons, buy-a-balloon.
- Working with volunteers, such as the Women’s Auxiliary.
- Recognition: A rocking chair, a brick or wall plaque, and levels such as Society Members or Ambassadors.
- Naming opportunities, such as a new pediatric cardiac care center.
- Setting up a Recurring Gift Program, so that Doctors and Staff can give monthly. This is also a great way to meet the needs of those donors in the community who wish to give, and would give on a regular basis if it is easy to do.
- Supporting Matching Gifts.
- Entering and acknowledging pledges and gifts in a timely manner.
- Supporting naming opportunities, such as a new diagnostic center.
- Offering online giving, through any of various secure web portals.
- Managing gifts of property, such as stocks or real estate.
- Accepting Gifts in Kind.
- Acknowledging donor gifts through recognition.
- Encouraging Planned Giving, such as Life Insurance or Bequests.
Monitoring and reporting development progress
How is the Capital campaign for the new ER going?
How did the Radiothon do? Pledges and gifts? Compared to the last three years?
How we doing with online giving?
- Monitoring progress through dashboards – check the status at a glance.
- Exporting data for analysis and sharing – to finance and other departments.
- Reporting such as giving by constituent segment, or for the Annual Report.
Integrating The Raiser’s Edge with other systems
- Integrating with The Financial Edge.
- Integrating with other systems and databases.
Contact: Glenn Burdett email@example.com 585-319-0097.