Colleges and universities use The Raiser’s Edge database extensively across their many organizations:
- To fulfill their goals, visions and values.
- To empower their advancement organizations.
- To cultivate long-term relationships with Alumni and other constituents.
- To steward them comprehensively as an organization over time.
- To gather constituent information, update it, and to use it carefully and securely.
- To encourage, and acknowledge, various methods of giving, from faculty endowments to online giving.
Keys to success with The Raiser’s Edge donor database
You may have questions or needs, such as:
How are we doing on endowments for teaching chairs?
Are we hitting our goal on the Capital campaign for the new dining hall?
How effective have we been this year with specific appeals?
RightTrack Solutions help you with consulting, training and outsource services.
Understanding the best ways to support your processes and goals
- Addressing immediate needs in your calendar year.
- Discussing how you operate today, and what changes you need to make, i.e. processes.
- Selecting the right database solution based on your situation, needs and goals.
- Migrating databases, as there can be various, including in-house developed solutions.
- Knowing when and how to use optional modules, such as the Event module.
- Deciding on how the organization will set up tables and use features consistently.
- Consulting on how a new system will interoperate with existing databases.
- Writing or updating policies and procedures (included in RightTrack Solutions training program).
- Training, consulting and assistance – both initial and ongoing.
Setting up the constituent database and system tables
- Coding constituents – Board, Staff, Faculty, Alumni, Friends – individual and organizational.
- Segmenting constituents, based on levels of giving, or other factors that you determine.
Getting the most of of your higher education advancement programs
- Stewarding constituents – over the long term.
- Cultivating constituents, especially keeping in touch with recent graduates.
- Setting up campaigns, funds and appeals. Every gift should track back to an appeal.
- Publishing alumni directories.
- Leading Capital Campaigns, such as building a new technology center.
- Growing the Annual Fund to sustain operations.
- Sending out packages to constituents – for appeals, such as an end-of-year appeal.
- Managing events. Class reunions. Dedications, honors, memorials and recognitions for donors.
- Setting up a Recurring Gift Program, so that Faculty and Staff can give monthly.
- Supporting Matching Gifts.
- Entering and acknowledging pledges and gifts.
- Working with donors on naming opportunities, such as laboratories or athletic facilities.
- Offering online giving, through any of various secure web portals.
- Managing gifts of property, such as stocks or real estate.
- Writing and tracking grants.
- Accepting Gifts in Kind.
- Acknowledging donor gifts with timely Thank You’s.
- Encouraging Planned Giving, such as Life Insurance or Bequests.
- Managing endowments to fund faculty seats.
- Tracking scholarships.
- Managing ‘Sponsoring a Student’ funds.
Monitoring and reporting your progress
- Monitoring progress through dashboards – check the status of the Annual Fund at a glance.
- Exporting data for analysis and sharing – to finance and other departments.
- Reporting such as the Annual Report.
Integrating The Raiser’s Edge with other institutional systems
- Integrating with The Education Edge.
- Integrating with The Financial Edge.
- Integrating with other systems and databases.
Contact: Laura Clary firstname.lastname@example.org 401-632-2148.