Keys to success with The Raiser’s Edge donor database
How can we get an accurate count of volunteers? Should they be contacts or should they each get a constituent record in the database?
How can we track the expenses for each appeal, to calculate our cost to raise a dollar?
RightTrack Solutions helps you with consulting, training and outsource services.
Understanding the best ways to support your processes and goals
- Addressing immediate needs in your fiscal year, such as upcoming events.
- Discussing how you operate today, and what changes you need to make, i.e. processes. You may need to make them consistent.
- Selecting the right database solution based on your situation, needs and goals.
- Migrating databases, whether from Access, Excel or a donor database.
- Consulting on how a new system will interoperate with existing databases.
- Knowing when and how to use optional modules, such as the Volunteer module.
- Deciding on how the organization will set up tables and use features consistently.
- Writing or updating policies and procedures (included in RightTrack Solutions training program).
- Training, consulting and assistance – both initial and ongoing.
Setting up the constituent database and system tables
- Coding constituents – As discussed above: Board, Staff, Volunteers, Friends – individual and organizational.
- Segmenting constituents, based on levels of giving, or other factors that you determine.
Getting the most of of your development programs at your agency and in the community
- Stewarding constituents – over the long term.
- Cultivating constituents, especially keeping in touch with those who donated.
- Setting up campaigns, funds and appeals.
- Leading Capital Campaigns, such as a new Center.
- Growing the Annual Fund to sustain operations.
- Establishing or growing a major gifts program.
- Sending out packages to constituents – for appeals, such as an end-of-year appeal.
- Managing events – a Walkathon.
- Recognition, such as different levels of donors, or dedication of equipment.
- Setting up a Recurring Gift Program, so that Staff can give monthly.
- Supporting Matching Gifts.
- Entering and acknowledging pledges and gifts in a timely manner.
- Supporting naming opportunities, such as a new delivery center.
- Offering online giving, through any of various secure web portals.
- Managing gifts of property, such as stocks or real estate.
- Accepting Gifts in Kind.
- Acknowledging donor gifts through recognition.
- Encouraging Planned Giving, such as Life Insurance or Bequests.
Monitoring and reporting development progress
How is the Walkathon going?
How are we doing on receiving goods and services?
- Monitoring progress through dashboards – check the status of the Annual Fund – Unrestricted, and the Restricted Fund, and the Capital Campaign, at a glance.
- Exporting data for analysis and sharing – to finance and other departments.
- Reporting such as giving by constituent segment, or for the Annual Report.
Integrating The Raiser’s Edge with other systems
- Integrating with The Financial Edge.
- Integrating with other systems and databases.
Contact: Laura Clary firstname.lastname@example.org 401-632-2148.