Keys to success with The Raiser’s Edge donor database
RightTrack Solutions helps you with consulting, training and outsourcing services.
Understanding the best ways to support your processes and goals
- Addressing immediate needs in your fiscal year, such as upcoming events.
- Discussing how you operate today, and what changes you need to make, i.e. processes.
- Selecting the right database solution based on your situation, needs and goals.
- Migrating databases.
- Knowing when and how to use optional modules, such as the Volunteer module.
- Deciding on how the organization will set up tables and use features consistently.
- Consulting on how a new system will interoperate with existing databases.
- Writing or updating policies and procedures (included in RightTrack Solutions training program).
- Training, consulting and assistance – both initial and ongoing.
Setting up the constituent database and system tables
- Coding constituents – As discussed above: Board, Staff, Doctors, Nurses, Specialists, Friends – individual and organizational.
- Segmenting constituents, based on levels of giving, or other factors that you determine.
- Sending out appeal packages tailored by constituent segments – to communicate according to their giving levels, relationships to the organization, and their preferred way to be in touch and to give.
Getting the most of of your development programs at your agency and in the community
- Stewarding constituents – over the long term.
- Cultivating constituents, especially keeping in touch with patients who donated.
- Setting up campaigns, funds and appeals. Every gift should track back to an appeal so you can analyze how appeals are performing.
- Leading Capital Campaigns, such as a new Clinic.
- Growing the Annual Fund to sustain operations.
- Establishing or growing a major gifts program.
- Managing events. The golf tournament, the Gala with Circle recognition.
- Recognition: Bricks or walls, and levels such as Society Members or Ambassadors.
- Setting up a Recurring Gift Program, so that Doctors and Staff can give monthly.
- Supporting Matching Gifts.
- Entering and acknowledging pledges and gifts in a timely manner.
- Supporting naming opportunities, such as a new diagnostic center.
- Offering online giving, through any of various secure web portals.
- Managing gifts of property, such as stocks or real estate.
- Accepting Gifts in Kind.
- Acknowledging donor gifts through recognition.
- Encouraging Planned Giving, such as Life Insurance or Bequests.
Monitoring and reporting development progress
How is the Gala doing this year compared to last year?
How many active donors do we have? Let’s see a listing by giving levels.
- Monitoring progress through dashboards – check the status of the Annual Fund – Unrestricted, and the Restricted Fund, and the Capital Campaign, at a glance.
- Exporting data for analysis and sharing – to finance and other departments.
- Reporting such as giving by constituent segment, or for the Annual Report.
Integrating The Raiser’s Edge with other systems
- Integrating with The Financial Edge.
- Integrating with other systems and databases.
Contact: Laura Clary email@example.com 401-632-2148.